5G Research Services
Our dedicated 5G Research Team offer a flexible, mobility-focused, connectivity research and innovation service that answers questions and develops solutions for 5G and beyond communications networks.
- Offered across simulated, emulated, controlled and real-world environments.
- Bespoke offerings can be created around the user, combining the user’s technology and/or expertise with the 5G Research Team.
- We accommodate a wide range of projects, from evaluation of single, connectivity system components to fully connected mobility solutions and their users.
- This service can be configured with additional options, which include GNSS, Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.xx, Digital Twin, 3GPP roadmap alignment, etc.
Equipment and technical specifications
5G FR1 (sub 6 GHz):
- Evaluation – R&S SMBV100B – FSV3007 – BBA150
- 5G NSA/SA (R15/R16) gNodeB – Spirent/NI
- 5G NSA/SA (R15/R16) User Equipment – NI
- NSA/SA (R15/R16) OpenAirInterface gNB/UE – Ettus USRP N310
5G Core and Networking
- 5G SA Core – Spirent Landslide C100-M4
- 5G NSA Core – OpenAirInterface
- Network Slicing Compute Cluster
- Dedicated Private SDN Network
5G FR2 (mmWave):
- Channel Sounding – R&S SMW200A, FSW85, SMZ90.
- Channel Evaluation – NI 5G Millimetre Wave Transceiver System
- Ofcom licensed (indoor and outdoor)
- IEEE 802.11 / IEEE 802.3 / TSN
- PNT / Cyber Security
- 5G FR1 link performance, including Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) analysis and Power Delay Profile (PDP) analysis up to bandwidth of 240 MHz
- 5G FR2 link performance, including EVM and achieved throughput analysis / PDP analysis up to a bandwidth of 800 MHz/2 GHz
- 5G Core, including resilience tests against core functions failure (SMF/AMF/UPF), end-to-end latency evaluation, evaluation of custom SIM card authentication, data governance compliance, network traffic load dependent performance test
- 5G Network Slicing evaluation, which includes Quality of Service (QoS) against Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Complete 5G End-to-End evaluation (User to Core to Cloud/MEC) in controlled and real-world contexts
- 4G/5G/IEEE 802.3 Interoperability Testing