A rigorous proven approach to human factors testing, which will give you the confidence that your design has been tested with the right people, asking the right questions.
It is recognised that public acceptance, perception, and support of Connected and Automated Mobility (CAM) solutions is an important part of the CAM revolution. As with all new features, trialling to ensure trust and perceived value is important, before going to market. Recruiting participants to test reactions to these solutions is hard enough, but getting the right participants, designing a trial, which will provide meaningful outputs, and then correctly interpreting the results, can be a major headache for companies who don’t do this every day. So, should businesses avoid doing these tests? – absolutely not! nobody wants to design the next market flop.
Should businesses ‘have a go’ then? – well maybe, but the chance of putting time and money into trials, only to get unhelpful, or worse, misleading results remains. To avoid these issues, Midlands Future Mobility (MFM) provides a rigorous proven approach to human factors testing, which will give you the confidence that your design has been tested with the right people, asking the right questions.
Key service offerings:
- Running experiments – we can develop and run experiments on behalf of the client, or provide expert support/advice
- Research design – we can support design and analysis of experiments, to ensure reliable and meaningful outputs are achieved
- Design evaluation – we offer support with design choices for HMI, Apps, and signage, to maximise user engagement
- Participants provided and segmented for maximum evaluation efficiency/reliability
- Independence and experienced team
- Ethical evaluation methods + GDPR taken care of
- Outcomes can be developed as you wish; from published and disseminated papers, to total confidentiality
- We can facilitate/host/support safety case development and risk management, in addition to experiments/events themselves, to ensure rigour, safety, and efficiency